- Design Comparison
- Cleaning Performance Comparison
- Battery Comparison
- Feature Comparison
- Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba i7+
- Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba j7+
- Product Videos
iRobot Roomba i7+ measures 13.34 x 13.34 x 3.63 inches and weighs 7.44 pounds. Meanwhile, the Roomba j7+ measures 13.34 x 13.3 x 3.4 inches and weighs 7.5 pounds.
Cleaning Performance Comparison
Suction Power & Noise
With a suction capacity of 1800 Pa, Roomba i7+ has a noise level of 68 dba. The Roomba j7+ has a suction power of 2200 Pa and a noise level of 68 dba.
Robot’s ability to walk
With a cleaning area of 180 m2, Roomba j7+ has a smaller cleaning area than Roomba i7+, with a cleaning area of 180 m2.
Thanks to the 20 mm (0.78 in) climbing ability, iRobot Roomba i7+ of them are suitable for thicker carpets and can easily overpass a door threshold (if below 2 cm). The Roomba j7+ has a climbing ability of 16 mm.
Both robots are equipped with a bunch of sensors that prevent bumping into things, falling, and keeping them at a distance of 10 mm from walls and furniture.
iRobot Roomba i7+ and Roomba j7+ both have dirt detection sensors. It is a system that recognizes high-traffic spots making a cleaner go over these zones a few times until it is clean
With a 500 ml dustbin capacity, the iRobot Roomba i7+ can hold a little more dirt than the Roomba j7+, which has a capacity of 400 ml.
When the dustbin inside the Roomba gets full, the robot vacuum returns to the charging dock, the base sucks up the debris from the container. When the Roomba is done emptying, it returns to continue cleaning. The base holds up to 30 robot’s bins, so you don’t have to empty it for about a month.
Under the lids of both dustbins, there is a HEPA filter that makes the robot safe for people with allergies and asthma. The filters of both Roomba are not removable for washing, you should change the filter every three months.
Ability to suck and sweep
Carpet boost: Roomba i7+ and Roomba j7+ have a sensor that can recognize carpets. When the vacuum is on the carpet, its suction power is increased to the maximum level automatically cleaning deeper.
Side brush: Both have a side brush made of rubber.
Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don’t get tangled with pet hair. Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors.
Cleaning Brush: Both are equipped with a cleaning brush that has detachable tips and is easier to clean since hair mostly gets clogged around the edges. In addition, the newest brush has 250% more bristles providing a better pickup.
Ability to Mop the floor: Both devices can only sweep and vacuum
With 3300 mAh Lithium-Ion, Roomba i7 can operate for about 90 minutes and takes 180 minutes to charge. Roomba i4 uses a Lithium-Ion battery with a capacity of 2210mAh that can work for about 70 minutes and takes 120 minutes to fully charge.
If both vacuums don’t finish all the work on a single charge, it will automatically return to the charging dock. Resume intends that the robot will resume from where it left off after charging is complete. This feature is perfect for large households where the robot cannot clean the entire house on a single charge
Unlike robots that don’t have a map and move randomly until the battery runs out, Roomba navigates efficiently. It moves back and forth in straight lines methodically covering the cleaning area based on the map it generates.
Roomba i7+ uses a camera, odometry sensor to map your home layout; the Roomba j7+ uses a camera, gyroscope sensor. The camera suffers in dark rooms.
Both can store 10 different maps in memory.
Both robot vacuums have an advanced scheduling feature. After mapping, you can divide the map into separate regions and give each region a name. With this feature, you can schedule cleaning by area, selected room cleaning, schedule, etc.
Thanks to the digital virtual wall creation feature, both robot vacuums can create no-clean zones, clean zone compartments, and no-clean zones.
Digital blockers.: If there is a room that might not be ready for cleaning or a zone where you have cords, etc., you can set an unlimited amount of digital blocked areas and no-go lines. Once you have done it, the robot would not cross it. You can create a zone by drawing a rectangle or setting the tape (no-go line) on a place you don’t want the robot to cross.
Clean area With this option, you can create a rectangle on the map to make the robot work in the selected area.
The selected housekeeping completes the cleaning, it will generate a map divided into separate rooms. You can merge or split the area as you like if you don’t like the way the robot did.
Manually control it like a radio car. If you need the device to go to a specific spot, you can use the app remote control and manage its movements by sending it where you want to. Also, with the «Target Point» option you can tap on the map, and the robot will go to that place. Much easier than using the remote control.
Additionally, you can control the two robot vacuums by setting voice prompts through Amazon Alexa Support and Google Assistant Assistant.
When Roomba finishes cleaning, you can view the results in the cleaning history. Both cannot be tracked in real-time, you cannot see its location while the robot is vacuuming.
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba i7+
- CLEANS UP AFTER YOU, AND ITSELF - Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the i7 to empty itself for up to 60 days..Runtime : 75 minutes
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE AND POWERFUL PICK-UP - Pulls in stubborn and messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 10X the Power-Lifting Suction. (Compared to the Roomba 600 series cleaning system)
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS - With vSLAM navigation, the i7 learns the layout of your home and builds personal Smart Maps, enabling it to expertly clean and navigate in neat, efficient rows.
- VACUUMS MESSES IN THE MOMENT - Cleaning crumbs is now as easy as “Roomba, clean under the kitchen table.” A simple request to your voice assistant* or via the iRobot Home app enables the i7 to clean messes for you, right when they happen.
- COMPLETE CONTROL OF YOUR CLEAN - With Smart Mapping, your robot knows your kitchen from your living room, so you can decide where it cleans and when. With Keep Out Zones, your robot knows to avoid sensitive areas like pet bowls or play areas.
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba j7+
- THE WORLD'S SMARTEST CLEANING ROBOTS JUST GOT SMARTER - iRobot OS powers your Roomba j7+ to clean the way you want it to. It avoids objects in its way, allows you to schedule multiple cleanings per day by continuously learning and adapting to your home; it also empties its bin so you don’t have to.
- AVOIDS PET ACCIDENTS ON PURPOSE – WE GUARANTEE IT - Only iRobot brings you P.O.O.P. (Pet Owner Official Promise). You can rely on your Roomba j7+ to avoid pet waste, or we’ll replace it for free. Additional terms and conditions apply – see iRobot for full details.
- NO NEED TO PICK UP BEFORE YOU CLEAN - The Roomba j7+ robot vacuum uses iRobot OS Technology and PrecisionVision Navigation to recognize and avoid common objects in its way like cords, pet waste, socks and shoes. Picking up before you clean is now a thing of the past.
- CLEANS WHEN & WHERE YOU WANT– Only iRobot brings you Imprint Smart Mapping allowing you to control & schedule which rooms are cleaned and when, while storing multiple maps for easier cleaning on each level of your home. Plus customizable Keep Out Zones and Clean Zones allow you to tell them the exact area to avoid and clean.
- MORE THOUGHTFUL THAN YOU THOUGHT - The Roomba j7+ takes vacuuming off your mind with personalized cleaning suggestions powered by the unique intelligencce of iRobot OS. Learns your habits and your routines.