Further down the page, you’ll find some explanations regarding the key similarities and differences between the iRobot Roomba i3 and the iRobot Roomba i6.
iRobot Roomba i3 measures 13.34 x 13.26 x 3.63 inches and weighs 9.58 pounds. Meanwhile, the Roomba i6 measures 13.34 x 13.26 x 3.63 inches and weighs 12 pounds.
Cleaning Performance Comparison
Suction Power & Noise
With a suction capacity of 1800 Pa, Roomba i3 has a noise level of 68 dba. The Roomba i6 has a suction power of 2200 Pa and a noise level of 68 dba.
Robot’s ability to walk
With a cleaning area of 170 m2, Roomba i3 has a smaller cleaning area than Roomba i6, with a cleaning area of 185 m2.
Thanks to the 20 mm (0.78 in) climbing ability, both of them are suitable for thicker carpets and can easily overpass a door threshold (if below 2 cm).
Both robots are equipped with a bunch of sensors that prevent bumping into things, falling, and keeping them at a distance of 10 mm from walls and furniture.
iRobot Roomba i3 and Roomba i6 both have dirt detection sensors. It is a system that recognizes high-traffic spots making a cleaner go over these zones a few times until it is clean
Both have a waste bin capacity of 400 ml.
iRobot Roomba i3 and Roomba i6 cannot automatically remove dirt in the dustbin, it will stop cleaning and notify you when the trash needs to empty.
The Roomba i3 and Roomba i6 have been designed to work with iRobot’s Auto Clean Base® technology. But then it doesn’t come with the Clean Base® Automatic Dirt Handler, so you’ll have to buy it separately.
Under the lids of both dustbins, there is a HEPA filter that makes the robot safe for people with allergies and asthma. The filters of both Roomba are not removable for washing, you should change the filter every three months.
Ability to suck and sweep
Carpet boost: Roomba i3 and Roomba i6 have a sensor that can recognize carpets. When the vacuum is on the carpet, its suction power is increased to the maximum level automatically cleaning deeper.
Side brush: Both have a side brush made of rubber.
Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don’t get tangled with pet hair. Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors.
Cleaning Brush: Both are equipped with a cleaning brush that has detachable tips and is easier to clean since hair mostly gets clogged around the edges. In addition, the newest brush has 250% more bristles providing a better pickup.
Ability to Mop the floor: Both devices can only sweep and vacuum. Imprint Link Technology allows 2 Roomba & Braava jet m6 robots to automatically clean in sequence – vacuuming & then mopping.
With 1800 mAh Lithium-Ion, Roomba i3 can operate for about 75 minutes and takes 90 minutes to charge. Roomba i6 uses a Lithium-Ion battery with a capacity of 1800 mAh that can work for about 75 minutes and takes 120 minutes to fully charge.
If both vacuums don’t finish all the work on a single charge, it will automatically return to the charging dock. Resume intends that the robot will resume from where it left off after charging is complete. This feature is perfect for large households where the robot cannot clean the entire house on a single charge
Unlike robots that don’t have a map and move randomly until the battery runs out, Roomba navigates efficiently. It moves back and forth in straight lines methodically covering the cleaning area based on the map it generates.
Roomba i6 uses a camera sensor to map your home layout; the Roborock S5 Max uses a gyroscope + optic motion tracking sensor. The camera suffers in dark rooms.
Roomba i3 cannot store maps in memory. Roomba i6 can store 10 different maps in memory.
The Roomba i3 only has basic scheduling features. You can only schedule it to work at a specific time and day of the week.
Roomba i6 has an advanced scheduling feature. After mapping, you can divide the map into separate regions and give each area a name. With this feature, you can schedule cleaning by area, no-go zone, selected room cleaning, schedule, etc.
Roomba i3 does not have a digital virtual wall creation feature but you can buy an additional virtual wall barrier to create a no-go zone.. meanwhile, Roomba i6 is equipped with a digital virtual wall creation feature that helps create a no-clean zone, Zoned cleaning.
Zoned cleaning: the robot cleans within a particular zone
No-Go zone: keeps the Roborock off some zones
Room cleaning: can be ordered (or scheduled) to clean in a certain room or two.
Manually control it like a radio car. If you need the device to go to a specific spot, you can use the app remote control and manage its movements by sending it where you want to. Also, with the «Target Point» option you can tap on the map, and the robot will go to that place. Much easier than using the remote control.
Additionally, you can control the two robot vacuums by setting voice prompts through Amazon Alexa Support and Google Assistant Assistant.
When Roomba finishes cleaning, you can view the results in the cleaning history. Both cannot be tracked in real-time, you cannot see its location while the robot is vacuuming.
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba i3
- POWERFUL CLEANING—SCHEDULED AROUND YOUR LIFE - Whether you’re relaxing at home or out enjoying life, Roomba i3 EVO takes care of dirt and messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 10x the Power-Lifting Suction*. *Compared to Roomba 600 series
- CLEAN BY ROOM, YOU’RE IN CONTROL - Roomba i3 EVO learns your home and creates an Imprint Smart Map so you can direct it to clean any room you want, any time you want—either on a set schedule or in the moment.
- CLEANING IN TIDY ROWS - Cleans intelligently in straight lines back and forth, to thoroughly clean your floors while navigating around furniture. When the i3 EVO needs to recharge, it will resume right where it left off ensuring a complete clean.
- FOCUSED CLEANING - Patented Dirt Detect Technology allows the Roomba i3 EVO to detect dirtier areas of your home and clean them more thoroughly. Integrated sensors tell the robot where it can and can’t fit, so it doesn’t get stuck under furniture.
- PERFECT FOR HOMES WITH PETS - Instead of using a single bristle brush, Roomba i3 EVO uses Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes that flex to adjust to different floor types and avoid getting tangled with pet hair.
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba i6
- UPGRADE TO A SMARTER CLEAN - The i6+ introduces an exclusive upgrade to Imprint Smart Mapping, giving you the same capabilities and experiences as the Roomba i7+. Roomba i6+ learns your home to clean and schedule by room, unleashing powerful cleaning.
- CLEANS UP AFTER YOU, AND ITSELF - Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the i6+ to empty itself for up to 60 days.
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE and POWERFUL PICK-UP - Pulls in stubborn dirt and messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 10X the Power-Lifting Suction. Control how you clean with the iRobot HOME app or your voice assistant.
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS - Intelligently maps and cleans an entire level of your home. Patented iAdapt technology with vSLAM navigation actively captures thousands of precise measurements each millisecond to optimize coverage.
- LEARNS YOUR LIFE LISTENS TO YOUR VOICE - Learns your cleaning habits to offer up personalized schedules, while Google Assistant and Alexa allow you to start cleaning with just the sound of your voice.