- Design Comparison
- Cleaning Performance Comparison
- Battery Comparison
- Feature Comparison
- Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba i3
- Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba 694
- Product Videos
iRobot Roomba i3 measures 13.34 x 13.26 x 3.63 inches and weighs 9.58 pounds. Meanwhile, the Roomba 694 measures 13.4 x 13.4 x 3.54 inches and weighs 6.8 pounds.
Cleaning Performance Comparison
Suction Power & Noise
With a suction capacity of 1800 Pa, Roomba i3 has a noise level of 68 dba. The Roomba 694 has a suction power of 600 Pa and a noise level of 62 dba.
Robot’s ability to walk
With a cleaning area of 120 m2, Roomba 694 has a smaller cleaning area than Roomba i3, with a cleaning area of 170 m2.
Thanks to the 20 mm (0.78 in) climbing ability, iRobot Roomba i3 of them are suitable for thicker carpets and can easily overpass a door threshold (if below 2 cm). The Roomba 694 has a climbing ability of 16 mm.
Both robots are equipped with a bunch of sensors that prevent bumping into things, falling, and keeping them at a distance of 10 mm from walls and furniture.
iRobot Roomba i3 and Roomba 694 both have dirt detection sensors. It is a system that recognizes high-traffic spots making a cleaner go over these zones a few times until it is clean
With a 400 ml dustbin capacity, the iRobot Roomba i3 can hold a little more dirt than the Roomba 694, which has a capacity of 350 ml.
iRobot Roomba i3 and 694 cannot automatically remove dirt in the dustbin, it will stop cleaning and notify you when the trash needs to empty.
The Roomba i3 has been designed to work with iRobot’s Auto Clean Base® technology. But then it doesn’t come with the Clean Base® Automatic Dirt Handler, so you’ll have to buy it separately.
The Roomba 694 is equipped with a standard AeroVac filter, while the Roomba i3 is equipped with a HEPA filter that makes the robot safe for people with allergies and asthma.
The filters of both Roomba are not removable for washing, you should change the filter every three months.
Ability to suck and sweep
Carpet boost: Neither robot vacuum can recognize carpets to switch the suction power to match certain carpet types.
Side brush: Both have a side brush made of rubber.
Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don’t get tangled with pet hair. Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors.
Cleaning Brush: Both are equipped with a cleaning brush that has detachable tips and is easier to clean since hair mostly gets clogged around the edges. In addition, the newest brush has 250% more bristles providing a better pickup.
Ability to Mop the floor: Both devices can only sweep and vacuum
With 1800 mAh Lithium-Ion, Roomba i3 can operate for about 75 minutes and takes 90 minutes to charge. Roomba 694 uses a Lithium-Ion battery with a capacity of 2130 mAh that can work for about 60 minutes and takes 180 minutes to fully charge.
If both robot vacuums don’t finish all the work on a single charge, it will automatically return to the charging dock but when fully charged only Roomba i3 can return to where it left off to continue cleaning. clean. Roomba 694 doesn’t, so it’s not suitable for large houses
Unlike robots that don’t have a map and move randomly until the battery runs out, Roomba navigates efficiently. It moves back and forth in straight lines methodically covering the cleaning area based on the map it generates.
The Roomba i3 uses a gyroscope + optic motion tracking sensor to map the layout of your home; the Roomba 694 uses an iAdapt 1.0 navigation technology
Roomba i3 and Roomba 694 cannot store maps in memory.
Both only have basic scheduling features. You can only schedule it to work at a specific time and day of the week.
Roomba i3 and Roomba 694 does not have a digital virtual wall creation feature but you can buy an additional virtual wall barrier to create a no-go zone
Manually control it like a radio car. If you need the device to go to a specific spot, you can use the app remote control and manage its movements by sending it where you want to. Also, with the «Target Point» option you can tap on the map, and the robot will go to that place. Much easier than using the remote control.
Additionally, you can control the two robot vacuums by setting voice prompts through Amazon Alexa Support and Google Assistant Assistant.
When Roomba finishes cleaning, you can view the results in the cleaning history. Both cannot be tracked in real-time, you cannot see its location while the robot is vacuuming.
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba i3
- POWERFUL CLEANING—SCHEDULED AROUND YOUR LIFE - Whether you’re relaxing at home or out enjoying life, Roomba i3 EVO takes care of dirt and messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 10x the Power-Lifting Suction*. *Compared to Roomba 600 series
- CLEAN BY ROOM, YOU’RE IN CONTROL - Roomba i3 EVO learns your home and creates an Imprint Smart Map so you can direct it to clean any room you want, any time you want—either on a set schedule or in the moment.
- CLEANING IN TIDY ROWS - Cleans intelligently in straight lines back and forth, to thoroughly clean your floors while navigating around furniture. When the i3 EVO needs to recharge, it will resume right where it left off ensuring a complete clean.
- FOCUSED CLEANING - Patented Dirt Detect Technology allows the Roomba i3 EVO to detect dirtier areas of your home and clean them more thoroughly. Integrated sensors tell the robot where it can and can’t fit, so it doesn’t get stuck under furniture.
- PERFECT FOR HOMES WITH PETS - Instead of using a single bristle brush, Roomba i3 EVO uses Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes that flex to adjust to different floor types and avoid getting tangled with pet hair.
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba 694
- MORE THOUGHTFUL THAN YOU THOUGHT - The Roomba 694 takes vacuuming off your mind with personalized cleaning suggestions powered by the unique intelligence of iRobot OS. Learns your habits and your routines.
- 3-STAGE CLEANING POWER - The 3-Stage Cleaning system lifts dirt, dust and debris from carpets and hard floors while an Edge-Sweeping brush takes care of corners and edges.
- FOCUSED CLEANING YOU CAN COUNT ON - iRobot's Patented Dirt Detect Technology allows the Roomba 694 robot vacuum to detect dirtier areas of your home and clean them more thoroughly.
- DON'T LET MESSES MESS WITH YOUR SCHEDULE - Simply use the iRobot Home App or your voice assistant to tell the Roomba 694 robot to vacuum and consider it done.
- A FULL SUITE OF ADVANCED SENSORS - You don’t have to worry about Roomba 694 Series Robot Vacuum getting around your home to get the job done: A full suite of advanced sensors allow this robot to navigate under and around furniture, and along edges, while Cliff Detect keeps it from falling down stairs.