Further down the page, you’ll find some explanations regarding the key similarities and differences between the Zodiac MX6 and the Zodiac MX8.
But before checking out explanations regarding their power, portability, and features, here’s a table that summarizes the main technical summary sheet for these 2 Suction Side Pool Cleaner:
Zodiac MX6 and Zodiac MX8 are two swimming pool cleaning products produced by the Zodiac company.
As MX8 is released after the Zodiac MX6, it has many improvements in specifications to make it easier for consumers to use. While the MX6 measures 40.38 x 8.88 x 14.75 inches, the MX8 version is much smaller, with a size of 1x1x1 inch.
This big difference allows the later version to move a lot more flexibly. The MX8’s ultra-small dimensions also make it 17.5 times lighter (1 pound vs 17.5 pounds) than the MX6. As a result, this 8th version of the Zodiac allows significantly longer uptime than its counterpart.
Zodiac MX6 is capable of cleaning swimming pools with 2-speed and variable-speed pumps. Meanwhile, the next version Zodiac MX8 is enhanced with many other features such as dual vortex suction and Max-Drive navigation mode, helping control and optimize overall performance. A special feature of the Zodiac MX6 is the joints to support better wall climbing, which is not available in the Zodiac MX8.
The Zodiac MX6 is suitable for swimming pools with a small design and built in-house, while Zodiac MX8 has more advantages with outdoor swimming pools. Moreover, MX8 outperforms MX6 as it can clean on many different surfaces such as Concrete, Tile, Vinyl, and Fiberglass. The innovation with dual vortex suction and good navigation of Zodiac MX8 also helps many clean objects of different sizes.
Both models can clean most effectively with in-ground pools, but each has its dedicated feature. In detail, these two cleaning versions of Zodiac both have the maximum suction power to clean dirt in swimming pools. The difference is that the MX6 has a lower suction power for cleaning indoor swimming pools. Also, the MX8 model is suitable for outdoor swimming pools and is applicable for cleaning various surfaces.
Both models are capable of adhesion, climbing walls, and climbing stairs. However, the wall climb capacity of the Zodiac MX8 remains controversial. The manufacturer also improved this model with a dual cyclone cleaning system with a longer tube, which enhanced its cleaning capacity.
The Zodiac MX6, on the other hand, is superior with intelligent programming that can clean the pool’s corners practically without any hassle; this is why this product consumes more fuel than other machines in the same price segment. Meanwhile, the Zodiac MX8 helps you save more energy by using solar energy and dual vortex suction.
Like the MX6 model, the MX8 also has basic parts like the body, the flow valve, and the flow control valve cuff. Instead of having only one 90-degree twisted elbow, the MX8 improved with two 45-degree twist-lock elbows (one extension), the duct section with the tube float, and the twist lock.
Of course, both sets also have detailed operating instructions that you should carefully research before using for a smoother operation.
Quick Rundown Of Zodiac MX6
- Innovative low-flow design makes it ideal for pools with 2-speed or variable speed pumps
- Cyclonic suction for powerful vacuuming and articulating turbine blade for aggressive wall-climbing
- Swiveling hoses are quick-connect style for easy assembly
- Includes automatic Weir Valve, 90° Twist Lock Elbow, 7 x 1.2m Twist Lock Hose Lengths, Flow Regulator Valve, Hose Float, Hose Protector, Warranty Card.
Quick Rundown Of Zodiac MX8
- Cyclonic Vacuum technology ensures the MX8 captures maximum debris whilst maintaining maximum cleaning power – connects directly to skimmer or dedicated 1.5” vacuum line
- X-Drive technology provides advanced dual navigation for best pool coverage with no hang ups. Thoroughly cleans floor, walls, and waterline of any size or shape pool.
- X-Trax tires provide extreme maneuverability and climbing performance, even in tight corners and on vertical walls
- Ultra-efficient power source provides maximum torque while operating at low flow, not burdening the pool system – compatible with variable-speed pumps
- Operates in all in-ground pools. Best choice for solar, 2-speed, and variable-speed pumps.Pool Surface(s)-Concrete, Tile, Vinyl and Fiberglass. The flow regulator valve is designed to consistently limit high flow of water through the cleaner. When flow is correct, the cleaner components are less susceptible to damage and the life of the cleaner can be extended. By checking for proper wheel rotation timing, you can verify the cleaner is operating at maximum efficiency
Owning a pool cleaning machine is an indispensable need for any family with an indoor swimming pool. However, choosing a suitable machine is never easy. Specifically, in this article, it isn’t easy to compare which one is better between the Zodiac MX6 vs MX8 because each is specifically designed for certain purposes. Hopefully, you can choose for yourself a pool cleaning machine that suits the needs of yourself and your family after this article.