Further down the page, you’ll find some explanations regarding the key similarities and differences between the Hayward SharkVac and the Hayward SharkVac XL.
But before checking out explanations regarding their power, portability, and features, here’s a table that summarizes the main technical summary sheet for these 2 robotic pool cleaner:
In terms of overall dimensions, the Hayward SharkVac is measured at 24.6 x 17.7 x 29.9 inches, which is considerably larger than the SharkVac XL (only 17 x 17.5 x 11 inches without caddy).
Although they both have the same weight of 21.5 pounds, you can see that it would be much easier to carry the SharkVac XL due to its compact housing.
Through a quick observation, there are a total of 4 sturdy wheels underneath 2 machines. They run at a similar speed of 55 feet per minute with a smart steering capability to optimize the cleaning path for faster cleaning.
However, the SharkVac XL is more advantageous with a 60-foot cable length for flexible use, while the SharkVac includes a power cord of 50 feet long.
The Hayward cleaning machines deliver a similar suction power with the following specifications of 2,700 rpm, 24V DC, and 2.62 Amp.
Both of them are usable for in-ground residential pools made from vinyl, gunite, or fiberglass up to 20 x 40 feet.
Their similarities also include the same type of filter and two-fine porosity filter elements that are removable from the top for quick cleanup and easy maintenance.
The Hayward SharkVac is highly effective in scrubbing dirt and debris off of pool floors and coves. At the same time, the SharkVac XL is more advanced with an extra wall-climbing feature to ensure all corners are sparkling clean.
The good news is the SharkVac only takes 2 hours to get the work done, but you will need to wait an hour more for the SharkVac XL with its 3-hour cycle.
There is no specific information about their noise level, but a majority of customer feedback is positive on this aspect. Thus, you can count on both devices not to produce disturbing sounds in use.
Despite providing a similar electronic auto-off for overload protection, the SharkVac is one unit less than the XL model in regard to their waterproof sealing of redundant radial shaft seals & 0-rings.
No remote control, built-in scheduled timer, or high-technology connection such as Bluetooth are equipped with these robots. As a result, they share the same downside of lacking innovative control features.
There are no additional accessories in both of their packages. If you look on the bright side, this factor will reduce the total package weight for delivery.
To get a better understanding of both products, check out the pros and cons of both. This is a very good basis for comparison and decision.
Quick Rundown Of Hayward SharkVac
- One of the industry’s most energy-efficient cleaning solution
- Top-access debris container allows quick removal of cartridge filters and easy debris cleanup
- Scrubs and vacuums pool floor and coves
- Microprocessor-based technology provides superior & efﬁcient-cleaning pattern
- Comes with Caddy Cart for easy handling and storage of cleaner
Quick Rundown Of Hayward SharkVac XL
- Uses smart steering technology that provides an efficient cleaning pattern, scouring pool floors and coves in just about 2 hours
- Runs separately from the pool's filtration system reducing the frequency of filter backwash cycles; Top-access filter allows quick debris removal and easy cleanup
- No extra hoses, hookups or pumps required; 2 fine porosity filter elements - just remove and rinse with garden hose, no need to turn cleaner over to empty
- Top-access cartridge filter allows quick debris removal and easy cleanup
- SharkVac cleans pool floor only; Voltage: 115 VAC 60 Hz
Undoubtedly, it is quite difficult for non-professionals to distinguish between the Hayward SharkVac Vs SharkVac XL.
However, the XL unit deserves better recognition with high portability, energy efficiency, and the ability to clean walls compared to its opponent. We hope you can find a suitable pool cleaner after reading this article.