Further down the page, you’ll find some explanations regarding the key similarities and differences between the Dolphin Premier and the Hayward Tiger Shark.
With a 5.5 x 16.5 x 11.5 inches dimension, the Tiger Shark is only roughly two-third of its rival size (23.5 x 19.5 x 14 inches). Moreover, the Dolphin Premier weighs much heavier than the Shark (37.2lb and 21.5lb).
Hayward Tiger Shark will be the winner of this round, as it is more compact than the other vacuums.
When choosing pool vacuums, we do not suggest you choose the one with track wheel-driven. Instead, use a track’s device, as the brushes of the machine can contact more with the ground to perform better by using tracks.
Luckily, both of our products use a track to monitor for the higher cleaning result.
About the cable, the cord length of the Tiger Shark is 55′ while the Premier is 60 Ft. Therefore, the Dolphin Premier can vacuum a wider pool (up to 50ft) than its rival.
So we can see that the Dolphin Premier surpasses its rival in terms of cable.
The Dolphin and Hayward’s suction rates are both the same with 4500GPH. Thus, they can easily suck in the dirt, debris in your pool.
In terms of the moto, the Premier uses Ultra-Efficient Twin DC Motor to work 90% more effectively while its opponent has 24-volt motors for energy-saving.
There are many kinds of pools, and each of them requires different vacuum cleaners. The Dolphin Premier can vacuum Gunite/Plaster, Vinyl, Fiberglass while the Hayward Tiger Shark can work more effectively with many pool types such as Gunite/Plaster, Vinyl, Fiberglass, Pebble, and Tile.
Thus, we can conclude that the Tiger is the winner of this field.
Scrubbing plays an essential role since the brushes sweep all specks of dirt, algae, or debris for better vacuuming. Both the Dolphin and Shark provide brushes to effectively lean the pool’s floor, waterlines, and walls.
Therefore, it seems harder and harder to decide which item is going to win now. So let’s continue reading to find out more about other aspects.
Both of these products can work for a maximum of three hours each round. Thus, there is nothing different when it comes to their working cycle.
The Premier is most suitable for sucking up all specks of dirt from the pool using three filter bags: a Bottom-load fine filter, ultra-fine bag/cartridges, and oversize bag filter.
However, the Hayward Tiger Shark has a special filter cartridge design so that you can empty it effortlessly.
None of our products can connect with smartphones, but you can control them via a remote. However, the Dolphin Premier is more modern with a weekly schedule capacity, so you do not need to turn it on or set it up every time you use the machine.
Buying the Premier, you will get a 36-month warranty while its opponent only gives you one year. It seems to be a huge difference between them, and this feature adds one more point for the Dolphin.
Quick Rundown Of Dolphin Premier
- Drop and go. Easy to use, single button plug and play in-ground robotic pool cleaner ideal for pools up to 50 feet; backed by a 3 year quality assurance.
- CleverClean delivers a smart and efficient clean using advanced algorithms for complete pool coverage. Anti-tangle patented swivel cable allows your Dolphin to move around your pool with ease.
- Powerful, dual scrubbing brushes forcefully attack tough dirt and debris leaving your swimming pool floor, walls and waterline exceptionally clean in 3 hours.
- Multiple filter options for an optimal clean pool. The Premier comes standard with three filter options: bottom-load fine cartridge filters, ultra-fine cartridge filters, and an oversized fine filter bag.
- Cleaning made convenient. Set the Premier’s weekly scheduler to automatically clean for you- every day, every other day, or every 3rd day. The full filter indicator lets you know when it’s time to clean your filter.
Quick Rundown Of Hayward Tiger Shark
- The Tiger Shark is able to scour pool floor, coves, walls and waterline in 3 hours
- Runs separately from the pool's filtration system reducing the frequency of filter backwash cycles
- No extra hoses, hookups or pumps required
- Unique cartridge filter system makes emptying easy, just open the cleaner, remove the cartridge and rinse with a hose
- Built with an efficient 24-volt motor designed to use less energy and lower cost
That is our “Dolphin Premier Vs Hayward Tiger Shark” comparison. Overall, it is never easy to choose which vacuum suits you best, but we hope you can make up your mind after reading our article.
We recommend you to buy the Dolphin Premier thanks to its weekly schedule function and long-term warranty.
What do you think about our comparison? On the condition that you have any concerns, please leave a comment below to let us know.