Further down the page, you’ll find some explanations regarding the key similarities and differences between the Roborock S6 MaxV and the iRobot Roomba S9.
But before checking out explanations regarding their design, cleaning performance, battery, and feature, here’s a table that summarizes the main technical summary sheet for these 2 robot vacuums:
Roborock S6 MaxV measures 18.9 x 16.1 x 6.8 inches and weighs 13.52 pounds. Meanwhile, the Roomba S9 measures 12.25 x 12.25 x 3.5 inches and weighs 8.2 pounds.
Cleaning Performance Comparison
Roborock S6 MaxV has a suction capacity of 2500 Pa, creating a noise level of 67 dba. The Roomba S9 has a suction power of 2200 Pa and a noise level of 65 dba.
+ Robot’s ability to walk:
With a cleaning area of 200 m2, Roomba S9 has a smaller cleaning area than Roborock S6 MaxV, with a cleaning area of 250 m2.
Thanks to the 20 mm (0.78 in) climbing ability, both of them are suitable for thicker carpets and can easily overpass a door threshold (if below 2 cm).
Roomba S9 is equipped with a dirt detection sensor. It is a system that recognizes high-traffic spots making a cleaner go over these zones a few times until it is clean
Both robots are equipped with a bunch of sensors that prevent bumping into things, falling, and keeping them at a distance of 10 mm from walls and furniture.
+ Dirt treatment:
With a 500 ml dustbin capacity, the Roomba S9 can hold a little more dirt than the Roborock S6 MaxV, which has a capacity of 460 ml.
Neither can automatically empty when the dirt container is full, it will stop cleaning when it needs to be emptied. The Roomba S9 will notify you when the dirt container is full. Roborock S6 MaxV does not.
The Roomba S9 has been designed to work with iRobot’s Auto Clean Base® technology. But then it doesn’t come with the Clean Base® Automatic Dirt Handler, so you’ll have to buy it separately.
Under the lids of both dustbins, there is a HEPA filter that makes the robot safe for people with allergies and asthma. Both filters are removable and washable.
+ Ability to vacuum and sweep:
Carpet boost: Both are equipped with carpet recognition sensors. When the vacuum is on the carpet, its suction power is increased to the maximum level automatically cleaning deeper.
Side brush: Both have a side brush made of rubber.
Cleaning Brush: Both are equipped with a cleaning brush that has detachable tips and is easier to clean since hair mostly gets clogged around the edges.
Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don’t get tangled with pet hair. Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors.
+ Ability to Mop the floor
The Roborock S6 MaxV can do sweeping and mopping; the Roomba only sweeps.
Roborock S6 MaxV is equipped with a 300 ml water tank, you can control the water flow on the app
With a battery capacity of 5200 mAh, Roborock S6 MaxV can operate for about 180 minutes and takes 300 minutes to fully charge. Meanwhile, Roomba S9 uses a 3300 mAh battery that can operate for about 120 minutes and takes 240 minutes to fully charge.
If both vacuums don’t finish all the work on a single charge, it will automatically return to the charging dock. Resume intends that the robot will resume from where it left off after charging is complete. This feature is perfect for large households where the robot cannot clean the entire house on a single charge
Unlike robots that don’t have a map and move randomly until the battery runs out, Roomba and Roborock navigate efficiently. It moves back and forth in straight lines methodically covering the cleaning area based on the map it generates.
Roomba S9 uses a camera sensor to map your home layout; the Roborock S6 MaxV uses a laser distance sensor (LDS or LIDAR) and also has built-in cameras. The camera suffers in dark rooms.
Roomba S9 can store 10 different maps in memory, while Roborock S6 MaxV can store 4 maps
+ Schedule activities
Both robot vacuums have an advanced scheduling feature. After mapping, you can divide the map into separate regions and give each region a name. With this feature, you can schedule cleaning by area, no-go zone, selected room cleaning, schedule, etc.
Thanks to the digital virtual wall creation feature, both robot vacuums can create no-clean zones, clean zone compartments, no-clean zones..
Digital blockers.: If there is a room that might not be ready for cleaning or a zone where you have cords, etc., you can set an unlimited amount of digital blocked areas and no-go lines. Once you have done it, the robot would not cross it. You can create a zone by drawing a rectangle or set the tape (no-go line) on a place you don’t want the robot to cross.
Clean area With this option, you can create a rectangle on the map to make the robot work in the selected area.
The selected housekeeping completes the cleaning, it will generate a map divided into separate rooms. You can merge or split the area as you like if you don’t like the way the robot did.
No-Mop Zones: It’s similar to no-go zones, except this option only works when mopping attachments are enabled. It keeps the robot away from carpeted areas so that the vacuum will avoid them when mopping.. this is suitable for machines with water tanks.
Manually control it like a radio car. If you need the device to go to a specific spot, you can use the app remote control and manage its movements by sending it where you want to. Also, with the «Target Point» option you can tap on the map, and the robot will go to that place. Much easier than using the remote control.
Additionally, you can control the two robot vacuums by setting voice prompts through Amazon Alexa Support and Google Assistant Assistant.
+ Activity tracking
When the two robot vacuums have finished cleaning, you can view the results in the cleaning history.
Roomba S9 cannot be tracked in real-time on iRobot Home, you cannot see its location while the robot is vacuuming.
The Roborock S6 MaxV allows real-time robot tracking that you can see in the Mi Home or Roborock app. When the robot vacuum is active you can check its location using the app.
Quick Rundown Of Roborock S6 MaxV
- 【Experience the Difference with S6 MaxV】Introducing the dual cameras, Roborock S6 MaxV can see obstacles such as pet waste, cables, chair legs in its path, instead of getting caught on an obstacle or causing a mess, it will avoid the obstruction and clean without interruption. With infrared imaging, MaxV can also see in the dark.
- 【Taking Cleaning to Another Lever】Using twin cameras and advanced ReactiveAI obstacle avoidance technology, S6 MaxV estimates the size and location of every obstacle and the best way to clean around them, giving MaxV the intelligence to avoid both objects it recognizes and objects that it does not. This means people, especially parents and pet owners, can run their robots with fewer worries than ever before.
- 【It’s More than A Vacuum】 Thanks to the dual cameras, you can monitor S6 MaxV’s work when you are away. Fire up remote viewing on the Roborock app and use MaxV as your eyes from afar - check in on your pets, scan your doors and stay in the loop. You can even send a voice message to tell them you’ll be home soon.
- 【What Waits at Home】See what obstacles are on your floors with icons placed directly onto the screen. Viewed along with the route map, what S6 MaxV has seen and the routes it has taken is instantly clear. Showing you any problems that need your attention and surprises lying in wait.
- 【Powerful Yet Long Lasting】With powerful 2500Pa suction power and up to 180mins runtime, S6 MaxV can clean up to 2580sqft area, picks up finer dirt from hard floors and reaches deeper into carpets. When the S6 MaxV identified carpet, it boosts suction power to the MAX level to provide the most powerful cleaning.
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba S9
- OUR MOST ADVANCED CLEAN - You—and your home—deserve the best. With groundbreaking technology and a sophisticated design, the s9 is our smartest, most powerful robot vacuum yet.
- DEEPEST CLEAN - With 40x the suction power, the superior 3-Stage Cleaning System lifts, loosens, then eliminates debris and pet hair from deep within your carpets. Automatically increases suction to clean even deeper with power boost technology.
- DETAILED POWERFUL CLEAN - PerfectEdge Technology with advanced sensors and a specially designed Corner Brush optimize cleaning deep into corners and along edges. Ideal for homes with pets. 30% wider Dual Rubber Brushes don't get tangled with pet hair.
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS - With vSLAM navigation, the s9 learns the layout of your home and builds personal Smart Maps, enabling it to expertly clean and navigate in neat, efficient rows.
- VACUUMS MESSES IN THE MOMENT - Cleaning crumbs is now as easy as “Roomba, clean under the kitchen table.” A simple request to your voice assistant or via the iRobot Home app enables the s9 to clean messes for you, right when they happen.