Further down the page, you’ll find some explanations regarding the key similarities and differences between the Roborock E4 and the Roborock S5.
Both Roborock e4 vs s5 come in a similar round shape and size with a diameter of 35cm, and the following heights are 9.6cm for the e4 and 9.65cm for the S5.
The difference is almost non-existent, making both vacuum robots have the same flexibility in cleaning houses, including homes with a lot of furniture.
When you hold the Roborock s5, you will instantly feel a huge difference compared to the e4. The S5 model weighs only 3.5kg, while the E4 stands at 5kg. This weight gap is considered an advantage for the S5 model as it requires less effort to carry around.
Inside, these two vacuum robots are equipped with the rechargeable 5200 mAh Lithium-Ion battery. This allows them to work for 150 min straight on quiet mode before going back to charge up for the same amount of time.
The self-recharge ability is incredibly convenient for busy owners who have no time to check on the battery manually.
Both S5 and E4 have the Top-up charging program, which let them continue cleaning where they left off due to low battery.
Roborock E4 and S5 offer some useful technology for cleaning: carpet detection( maximize suction power on carpet), side edge brush for corner cleaning, washable E11 HEPA filter for longer life, etc.
With the 2000 Pa power suction, both vacuum robots can literally “swallow” any kind of dirt, debris, and hair.
But as a modern model, the S5 is developed to increase the cleaning speed up to 20%, and the accuracy is also improved, making it a little more efficient.
As a vacuum device, they both produce noises merely measured at 60 dB, which are only as loud as when people are talking to each other.
The old E4 model is designed with the largest dustbin in the Roborock product line, up to 640ml compared to 480ml on the S5 model. This gives the E4 the ability to store about one week of dirt and debris, and you can empty it in seconds.
The developers have created a unique brush-style for all Roborock products. It is specialized for pet hair and prevents hairs from tangling and stuck in the brush, keeping the device running smoothly.
Both robots are voice-controlled with Alexa, or you can choose to use the Roborock app that associates with the Mi Home, Google mini home, Alexa that is available on iOS and Android.
With the app, you can easily track the cleaning progress in real-time, schedule cleaning, choosing the suitable cleaning mode.
The only thing that the S5 model distinguishes E4 is that it has a no-go zone feature in which you can virtually draw lines to keep the robot away from the areas you desire.
While the E4 uses a dual gyroscope to track obstacles and collisions, optimize the cleaning pathway. On the flip side, the S5 has a lidar – invisible laser navigation that sweeps around to build the best cleaning route.
So, in the same cleaning and tracking job, the S5 model is much quicker, saving more time and battery, and shows more accuracy in deep corner cleaning.
Quick Rundown Of Roborock E4
- 【Z-shape Route Navigation & Mapping】: Compared with other robot vacuums of the same price, E4 is powered by OpticEye motion tracking and dual gyroscope route algorithms, can make a route planning while cleaning and never miss any corner of your home. You could see the cleaning map it builds up on App.
- 【4 Cleaning Mode & Strong Suction】: Designed with 4 cleaning mode(Silent, Balanced, Turbo, Max), you could choose different modes for different floors on the App. And when walks on the carpet, it will automatically increase the suction power (2000pa max) and take away the tenacious dust on the carpet, making your family life healthier.
- 【Large Battery & 200 Runtime】: A 100% battery can run for 200 min, is enough to clean up to 2152sqft. When the robot vac is low of battery during cleaning, it can automatically recharge and then continue cleaning where it left, so if you have larger house, just entrust the cleaning work to E4, without worries.
- 【640 ML Dustbin & Washable Filter】: A 640 ml larger dustbin can store more debris, making the robot vacuum easier to clean large spaces or just empty it less often. The washable filter means longer service life and better cleaning effect.
- 【App & Voice Control】: Control every element of your robot wherever you are from the Mi Home app. You could even set a cleaning schedule for each room. With Alexa and Google Home support, you could freely start and stop cleanups and more with the power of your voice.
Quick Rundown Of Roborock S5
- Advanced mapping: Laser mapping systems scan your home as S5 cleans, giving it the information it needs to clean every room as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Clean effectively: Strong suction and multiple cleaning modes: Select the best mode for your cleaning environment, from Carpet, Quiet, Mopping, Balanced, Turbo & Max mode, with a maximum suction power of 2000Pa.
- Powerful app control: Use the Mi Home app with S5 to schedule cleans, view cleaning progress and information, take control manually, check accessory status, choose clean modes, clean specific areas, and self-recharge. Compatible with Android, iOS, and Alexa.
- Vacuum and mop: Install the water tank for simultaneous mopping and vacuuming. One run leaves the floor shiny and clean.
The battle of Roborock E4 vs S5 has come to an end. Obviously, we can see that the S5 model is the winner in features comparison; it shows great performance, efficiency, and convenience for the users.
On the other hand, the E4 is no less efficient in cleaning the house. Thus it’s a budget choice for people who want to save money for other things.
Depending on your purpose, we hope you will own a suitable vacuum robot that satisfies you most.