Further down the page, you’ll find some explanations regarding the key similarities and differences between the iRobot Roomba E5 (5150) and the iRobot Roomba 692.
But before checking out explanations regarding their design, cleaning performance, battery, and feature, here’s a table that summarizes the main technical summary sheet for these 2 robot vacuums:
iRobot Roomba E5 measures 13.45 x 13.39 x 3.65 inches, weight 7.23 pounds. iRobot Roomba 692 measures 13.4 x 13.4 x 3.54 inches and weighs 5 pounds.
Cleaning Performance Comparison
With a suction capacity of 1700 Pa, iRobot Roomba E5 has a noise level of 65 dba. Meanwhile, the Roomba 692 has a suction capacity of 600 Pa and a noise level of 68 dba.
+ Robot’s ability to walk:
With a cleaning area of 150 m2, Roomba E5 can clean a much larger area than Roomba 692 (120 m2)
Roomba E5 is capable of climbing 18mm, while Roomba 692 is only capable of climbing 16mm.
iRobot Roomba E5 and Roomba 692 both have dirt detection sensors. It is a system that recognizes high-traffic spots making a cleaner go over these zones a few times until it is clean
Both robots are equipped with a bunch of sensors that prevent bumping into things, falling, and keeping them at a distance of 10 mm from walls and furniture.
+ Dirt treatment:
With a 500 ml dustbin capacity, the Roomba E5 holds less dirt than the Roomba 692 (600 ml).
Neither can automatically empty when the dirt container is full, it will stop cleaning when it needs to be emptied. Roomba E5 will notify you when the dirt container is full. Roomba 692 does not.
The Roomba E5 is equipped with a HEPA filter, while the Roomba 692 uses a standard filter. Both filters are not washable, you need to replace the filter every two months.
+ Ability to vacuum and sweep:
Both are not equipped with carpet recognition sensors.
Side brush: Both have a side brush made of rubber.
Cleaning Brush: Both are equipped with a cleaning brush that has detachable tips and is easier to clean since hair mostly gets clogged around the edges.
+ Ability to clean the floor:
Both vacuum cleaners can only suck and sweep.
Both Roomba use batteries with a capacity of 1800 mAh, have an operating time of 90 minutes, and take 120 minutes to fully charge.
If both robot vacuums fail to complete the job, it will automatically return to the charging dock to charge, but once charging is complete it cannot return to the position where it left off. It is not suitable for large houses.
Both robot vacuums can’t map which means they can’t store maps in memory.
+ Schedule activities
Both have only basic scheduling features. You can only schedule it to work at a specific time and day of the week.
Neither has the digital illusion feature, but you can purchase an additional virtual wall barrier that creates a no-wipe or zone-cleaning zone.
If you need two Roomba to get to a specific location, you can use the iRobot Home app’s remote control on your smartphone and manage the device’s movement by sending it where you want it to be.
Additionally, you can control the two robot vacuums by setting voice prompts through Amazon Alexa Support and Google Assistant Assistant.
+ Activity tracking
When Roomba finishes cleaning, you can view the results in the cleaning history. Both cannot be tracked in real-time, you cannot see its location while the robot is vacuuming.
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba E5
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE AND POWERFUL PICK-UP - Pulls in stubborn dirt and messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 5X the Power-Lifting Suction. Control how you clean with the iRobot HOME app or your voice assistant.
- IDEAL FOR HOMES WITH PETS - Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don't get tangled with pet hair. Brushes adjust & flex to stay in constant contact with carpets & hard floors. High-Efficiency Filter traps 99% of cat & dog allergens.
- LEARNS YOUR LIFE LISTENS TO YOUR VOICE - Learns your cleaning habits to offer up personalized schedules, while Google Assistant & Alexa allow you to start cleaning with just the sound of your voice.
- ADAPTIVE NAVIGATION - A full suite of advanced sensors allow Roomba to navigate under & around furniture, & along edges. Cliff Detect keeps it from falling down stairs.
- SENSES & ELIMINATES DIRT - Dirt Detect Sensors alert your robot about dirtier areas of your home, like high-traffic spots, & cleans them more thoroughly.
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba 692
- CLEAN SMARTER - Sleek, premium design complements your home décor; The Roomba 692 is a great way to begin cleaning your home smarter. Just schedule it to clean up daily dirt, dust, and debris with the iRobot HOME app or your voice assistant..Runtime : 90 minutes
- LOOSENS, LIFTS, AND SUCTIONS - The 3 Stage Cleaning system and Dual Multi-Surface brushes grab dirt from carpets and hard floors, an Edge-Sweeping brush takes care of corners and edges.
- LEARNS YOUR LIFE LISTENS TO YOUR VOICE - Learns your cleaning habits to offer up personalized schedules, while Google Assistant and Alexa allow you to start cleaning with just the sound of your voice.
- ADAPTIVE NAVIGATION - A full suite of advanced sensors allow Roomba to navigate under and around furniture, and along edges. Cliff Detect keeps it from falling down stairs.
- SENSES AND ELIMINATES DIRT - Dirt Detect Sensors alert your robot about dirtier areas of your home, like high-traffic spots, and cleans them more thoroughly.