iRobot Roomba 677 measures 18 x 17.5 x 5 inches and weighs 6.77 pounds. Meanwhile, the Shark Ion R75 measures 12.6 x 12.6 x 2.6 inches and weighs 5.51 pounds.
Cleaning Performance Comparison
Suction Power & Noise
With a suction capacity of 950 Pa, Roomba 677 has a noise level of 62 dba. The Shark R75 has a suction power of 1000 Pa and a noise level of 62 dba.
Robot’s ability to walk
With a cleaning area of 90 m2, Shark R75 has a smaller cleaning area than Roomba 677, with a cleaning area of 150 m2.
Thanks to the 16 mm climbing ability, both of them are suitable for thicker carpets and can easily overpass a door threshold (if below 1.6 cm).
Both robots are equipped with a bunch of sensors that prevent bumping into things, falling, and keeping them at a distance of 10 mm from walls and furniture.
iRobot Roomba 677 is equipped with a dirt detection sensor. It is a system that recognizes high-traffic spots making a cleaner go over these zones a few times until it is clean
With a 500 ml dustbin capacity, the iRobot Roomba 677 can hold a little more dirt than the Shark R75, which has a capacity of 380 ml.
Both can’t empty themselves when the dust bin is dirty, it will stop cleaning when the dustbin needs emptying. The Roomba 677 will notify you when the bin is full, the Shark R75 does not.
The Roomba 677 is equipped with a standard filter, while the Shark R75 is equipped with a HEPA filter that makes the robot safe for people with allergies and asthma.
The filters of Roomba and Shark R75 are not removable for washing, you should change the filter every three months.
Ability to suck and sweep
Carpet boost: Neither robot vacuum can recognize carpets to switch the suction power to match certain carpet types.
Cleaning Brush: Both are equipped with a cleaning brush that has detachable tips and is easier to clean since hair mostly gets clogged around the edges.
Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don’t get tangled with pet hair. Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors.
Ability to Mop the floor: Both devices can only sweep and vacuum
With 1800 mAh Lithium-Ion, Roomba i3 can operate for about 90 minutes and takes 180 minutes to charge. Shark R75 uses a Lithium-Ion battery with a capacity of 2600mAh that can work for about 70 minutes and takes 180 minutes to fully charge.
If both robot vacuums don’t finish all the work on a single charge, it will automatically return to the charging dock but when fully charged it will not be able to return to where it left off. Is not suitable for large houses.
The Roomba 677 and Shark R75 cannot map the layout of your home.
Both only have basic scheduling features. You can only schedule it to work at a specific time and day of the week.
Roomba 677 and Shark R75 does not have a digital virtual wall creation feature but you can buy an additional virtual wall barrier to create a no-go zone
Roomba 677 can control it manually like a car radio.
If you need the device to go to a specific spot, you can use the app remote control and manage its movements by sending it where you want to. Also, with the «Target Point» option you can tap on the map, and the robot will go to that place. Much easier than using the remote control.
You can also control the two robot vacuums by setting voice prompts through Amazon Alexa Support and Google Assistant Assistant.
When Roomba 677 and Shark R75 finish cleaning, you can view the results in the cleaning history. Both cannot be tracked in real-time, you cannot see its location while the robot is vacuuming.
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba 677
- Product will either come in original packaging that is in less than perfect shape and has been opened to inspect contents or will come in non-retail packaging (brown/white box or white/clear bag). Power-Lifting Suction delivers 5X the air power* for improved pick-up performance. *(Compared to Roomba 600 Series and AeroVac System)
- Ideal for homes with pets. Premium 3-stage Cleaning System cleans the dirt and pet hair you see and the allergens and dust you don't. Simply rinse away dirt or debris left behind in the washable bin.
- Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes instantly adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors.
- Full suite of sensors intelligently navigate the robot under and around objects and under furniture to help thoroughly clean your floors.
- High-Efficiency Filter traps 99% of cat and dog allergens.
Quick Rundown Of Shark ION R75
- THREE BRUSH TYPES. ONE POWERFUL CLEAN: Tri-Brush System combines side brushes, channel brushes, and a multi-surface brushroll to handle debris on all surfaces.
- COMPLETELY INTEGRATED IN YOUR HOME: Shark ION Robot senses ledges and stairs, avoids damaging furniture and walls, and maneuvers around potential stuck situations, truly knowing your home.
- CLEAN FROM YOUR PHONE: SharkClean app lets you start and stop cleaning and schedule your robot to clean whenever you want.
- EASY VOICE CONTROL: Use Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to easily make the robot clean at your command in your connected home.
- BUILT, TESTED, AND PERFECTED: Shark puts their robots through rigorous testing, performing thousands of hours of real-life use to give you a reliable, ultra-powerful clean.